Simple yet magical. Devour warm with a mug of hot chocolate and enjoy yourself!
These chocolate chip walnut cookies are deliciously packed with crunchy nutty walnuts and chunks of dark chocolate! Try stop yourself eating the raw dough before baking as they are THAT GOOD! Don’t worry these are also vegan so we won’t blame you if you eat the cookie dough as well!
- 3/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup N+N drinking chocolate
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup dark choc chips
- 3 tbsp neutral flavour oil e.g. Olive/macadamia oil
- 4 tbsp warm non-dairy milk
- Place the buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Fold in the chocolate to the flour mixture and stir well.
- Place N+N Drinking Chocolate, oil and warm milk in a seperate bowl and whisk until well combined. Add to the flour mixture and mix until no flour is visible. The mixture should be sticky and not dry. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap freeze the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove dough from the refrigerator and take roughly 2 tbs at a time, roll into a ball, place onto a lined baking tray. Use the heel of your hand and flatten slightly. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Top with more walnut pieces on top and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will still be slightly soft when you remove them from the oven. Let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool completely. That is if you can resist eating them warm!