A quick dessert fix in just under 5 minutes!
Try it once, and we assure you addiction will follow. MOIST & GOOEY CAKE with molten chocolate made in the humble microwave (Oven optional available)
Recipe makes 1 small mug cake.
- 6 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp N+N Drinking Chocolate (We used Chilli)
- 1 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips. As many as you want!
- Grease a ramekin or mug with oil
- Combine together all the ingredients in the mug (except the chocolate chips)
- Place the chocolate chips in the centre of the mug
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds or until the edges look set but the surface looks slightly shiny. It will firm up as it cools. Timing will vary according to your microwave but do NOT overcook. (Alternatively, bake in a preheated 175C oven for 10 minutes.)
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes and top with desired toppings e.g. berries and powdered sugar.