Christmas is right around the corner and if you’re thinking of a festive breakfast? We’ve got you covered!
Indulge yourself in these fluffy chocolate pancakes topped with a simple cranberry compote. The sweetness and richness of the chocolate balance so well with the tartness of the cranberry sauce - a must try combo!
Ingredients (1 Serve)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (preferably almond/soy for plant-based option) + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (can sub with lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp N+N Chai Drinking Chocolate (or your preferred drinking chocolate flavour)
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare a “buttermilk” mixture by mixing together the milk and apple cider vinegar, let sit for 5-10 minutes to let it curdle
- In a bowl mix together buckwheat flour, baking powder, N+N Chai Drinking Chocolate and salt, then add in the “buttermilk”.
- On a non-stick pan on low heat (to make it oil free, however you can use 1 tsp oil if needed) add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter at a time. Flip when you see bubbles on the edges or when the surface becomes matte (not shiny anymore)
- Slather each layer of pancake with cranberry compote and fresh fruits.