Drinking chocolate waffles
The perfect mothers day treat to surprise your loved ones with! Sure to be a big hit and put a smile on everyones face.
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 3⁄4 almond milk
- 2 eggs (or chia eggs)*
- 3 tbsp Nib and Noble drinking chocolate powder (we used Original)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sweetener (honey or rice malt syrup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
* To make a 'chia egg' combine 1 tbsp of chia seeds with 2 tbsp water. Blend and allow a few minutes to gel.
Pre-heat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk almond milk, eggs, coconut oil and honey until well combined.
- Add the flour, Nib + Noble Original Drinking Chocolate, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- When the waffle iron is hot, spray with olive or coconut oil before adding the batter. Follow your waffle's instructions regarding cooking time, it should take approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit, coconut yoghurt and a generous drizzle of drinking chocolate syrup*.
*To make drinking chocolate syrup, combine 2 tbsp nib and noble drinking chocolate with a little hot water to dissolve and form a syrup to your desired thickness.
Top Tip: Slightly heat nib and noble chocolate spread to loosen and create a pourable sauce in place of the syrup!