Hot chocolate brownies
GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE | REFINED SUGAR FREE
These are so easy to whip up and will satisfy those sweet cravings. Get baking with this healthy sugar free treat!
1 can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup Nib and Noble drinking chocolate powder (we used Chai flavour)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg (or chia egg*)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (honey or rice malt syrup) 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
*To make a 'chia egg' combine 1 tbsp of chia seeds with 2 tbsp water. Blend and allow a few minutes to gel.
- Pre-heat over to 180 degrees and lightly spray a silicone mould tray
- Blend the black beans, water, egg/chia egg, coconut oil and sweetener in a food processor or high speed blender. Once combined, pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir through Nib + Noble Drinking Chocolate, oat flour, chia seeds, baking powder, vanilla essence and salt until well combined.
- Distribute the batter between silicone moulds and place into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the brownies springs back when pressed.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from moulds. Be sure to remove gently. Once cooled, top with coconut yoghurt and walnuts (or mix it up with your own choice of healthy toppings.