Looking to make some easter treats that aren't over the top and refined sugar filled but still indulgent? Enter our drinking chocolate and date slice which is refined sugar free, gluten free, plant based and dairy free, while still being absolutely delicious.
- 650 gm pitted fresh dates
- 60g 65% dark drinking chocolate
- 100g coconut oil, softened
- 45 gm desiccated coconut
- Sea salt flakes, to serve
- 100 gm dark chocolate chopped
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Line a 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Process ingredients in a food processor until smooth, press into the cake tin and refrigerate until firm (1-2 hours).
- For the ganache, place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring the coconut cream and syrup to the boil in a saucepan, then pour cream over chocolate and stir until melted. Leave to cool (the mixture will thicken as it cools.)
- Once cooled and thickened, pour ganache over the date mixture and spread evenly, then chill until firm.
- Lift slab from tin, scatter with a little sea salt and cut into 12 squares. Slice will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for a week.