Time to say good bye to store bought sugar-loaded nut bars!
This one-bowl, no-bake recipe only takes 5 minutes to make. It has got the perfect crunchy, sweetness and yummy chocolate flavour without sacrificing the taste. Another amazing on-the-go snack because they won’t fall apart at room temperature:) You can replace peanuts with other roasted nuts of choice e.g. almonds/walnuts.
- 2 cup peanuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup N+N Sugar-free Drinking Chocolate
Shredded coconut to sprinkle
- In a big mixing bowl stir together peanuts, pumpkin seeds and the drinking chocolate and mix well. Ensure all the nuts and seeds are coated with the drinking chocolate.
- Heat rice malt syrup in a saucepan on low heat, stir constantly.
- Once the syrup starts bubbling continue to simmer on low for another 5 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Pour the hot syrup over the nut mix and immediately mix the nuts and syrup together thoroughly. Make sure this is done quickly as the syrup will get hardened when cooled.
- Transfer onto a lined square baking tray and press firmly then sprinkle on some shredded coconut. Let it cool down at room temperature for 20 minutes or until the mixture sticks well together when you lift the baking paper up.
- Cut into bars and enjoy :) Store the bars in the fridge to maximise the crunchiness.