Having a bad day and all you need is something carby and sweet?
This CRUNCHY and CHOCOLATE-Y (+healthy) GRANOLA can surely satisfy your cravings. Packed with healthy amounts of carbs, good fats and fibre, this granola is perfect for breakfast with yogurt or any milk of choice and great for snacking; it also pairs well with your favourite fruits.
Warning: they are so additive and the batch will be gone so fast!
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cups coconut flakes
- 1/4 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup N+N Original Drinking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey or rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat groats, coconut flakes, all the nuts and seeds, as well as N+N Drinking Chocolate.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add maple syrup/honey/rice malt syrup, vanilla and salt. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Pour liquid ingredients over the dry mixture and mix well.
- Spread mixture out in an even layer on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flip granola half way, until toasted and fragrant. The dark colour of the granola makes it hard to tell if it is cooked or not, so go by smell or tasting the nuts/seeds - they should taste pleasantly toasted.