Chocolate cake for breakfast?
There’s no need to feel guilty about these breakfast loaves!
Made from all wholefood ingredients, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. They are also rich in protein, healthy fat and fibre to make sure you start your day right. They are also perfect for afternoon tea or post workout snacks. You can make them into mini loaves or muffins to turn them into your on-the-go snacks!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 1/3 cup water for 10 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup N+N Chai organic drinking chocolate, (or preferred variety)
- 2 tbsp Maca powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 block (50g) dark chocolate, roughly chopped, or 1/4 cups cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a muffin tin or 4 mini loaf pans with coconut oil (or Olive Oil).
- In a big mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients, except the chopped chocolate/cacao nibs. Mix until you’ve reached a smooth consistency. Then stir in the chopped chocolate or cacao nibs.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin/loaf pan. Sprinkle with toppings of choice - pictured top to bottom: Peanut butter + cinnamon swirl, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs + mini choc chips
- Bake for 35–40 minutes or until the muffins/mini loaves are golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm with a dollop of chocolate sauce or spread of choice.