Chocolate Chip Muesli Bar
Grab the kids and have a little fun in the kitchen with this amazing muesli bar recipe! Packed with nutrition and flavour its sure to be a big hit with all the family.
- 1 cup Dates (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 cups Nib and Noble Toasted Muesli Mix & Topper
- 3 cups Quick Oats (substitute for Rolled Oats if preferred)
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips (1/2 cup for mix & 1/4 cup for top)
- 3 tbsp Crunch Peanut Butter (substitute for any nut butter)
- 3/4 cup Rice Malt Syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 190 deg/c (fan forced) and line a baking tray (approx. 23cm) with baking paper
- Roughly chop dates, combine with water and cook over medium heat for approx. 7-10 mins stirring regularly until dates become soft and mushy
- Remove dates from heat and add in Baking Powder and mix well. (This will puff up a little) Leave to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the other ingredients (only adding 1/2 cup of the choc chips), then add the date mixture and stir thoroughly until well combined and all the ingredients are appear wet.
- Pour mixture into the lined baking tray, roughly spread evenly and then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Choc Chips over the top.
- Press down mixture firmly into the tray using another piece of baking paper (so the mixture doesn't stick to the device) and the back of either a measuring cup or spoon until mixture is as compact as possible.
- Place in oven for approx. 20-25 mins or until brown enough to your liking. Remove to cool and then slice to your desired size.