What else could you want other than cacao, biscuit, fruit and nuts in the one snack?
Perfect for any occasion, this recipe is one that will set your taste-buds alight and leave you wanting more and more.
So quick and easy to make, its something that you can whip up at the last moment, and makes enough to last the week, if it lasts that long before being devoured.
- 200g Organic coconut oil
- 1/4cup Organic Rice Malt Syrup
- 50g N+N Original Drinking Chocolate (or preferred flavour)
- 350g Gluten Free Tea Biscuit (substitute with your choice)
- 35g Almond Nuts
- 35g Cashews Nuts
- 35g Macadamia Nuts
- 50g Dried Cranberries
- 50g Sultanas or Raisins
- 200g Organic Dark Chocolate
- One 22 x 31cm Baking Tray
- Line baking tray with baking paper, then place the oil and rice malt syrup in a saucepan and melt together over a low heat. Once melted, stir in the cacao powder until there are no lumps and it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Roughly break up the tea biscuits into small to medium sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the dried fruit and nuts. Pour the cacao syrup mixture over the biscuit, dried fruit and nuts, stirring together until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Firmly press the mixture into the baking tray making sure it is compacted tightly into the corners and place in the fridge to set for approximately one hour.
- Break up the organic dark chocolate into a bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water on a low heat, taking care no water can jump into the bowl. Once melted, remove the tray from the fridge. Pour over the cooled slice and spread evenly, making sure it covers all of the mixture. Once covered evenly, place back in the fridge for a further hour or longer if you prefer.
- When the mixture and chocolate have set, place it onto a chopping board and slice into squares.